Reminders Photography Stronghold is a membership gallery whose goal is to make multi-photographic activities possible to its members through exhibitions, workshops, events, a library, photographers in residence programs and grant publishing opportunities. The Stronghold will be inaugurated in September 2012.
Without your support we cannot operate. If you’d like to join us here is what we can offer you-and by becoming a member we will update you as the space develops and becomes stronger. Membership is for not only for photographers, but also for curators, photo editors, book publishers, and gallerists – both domestic and international.
■ RPS Membership Benefit Chart
|Annual membership fee||¥10,000||¥20,000||¥80,000
*effective at 2014/4 –
*effective at 2014/4 –
|Free pass to all RPS events||YES||YES||YES||YES||¥1,000/event (¥12,000 to join all events)|
|Workshop discount||YES||YES||YES||YES||up to ¥5,000 discount from workshops|
|Portfolio Review||NO||Up to four times a year||Up to four times a year||Up to four times a year||¥30,000 per session|
|Accommodation||NONE||10％ OFF||30％ OFF||30％ OFF||Shared :¥2,500/day Single :¥3,500/day
*Winter time plus 2,000 yen / 20 litter heating oil usage.
■ Details of Benefits
Event Free Pass
For RPS organized lectures, symposiums, talk events, slide shows and other events you receive access to all the events without charge throughout year. There should be at least 12 events planned, normally costing 1,000 yen each to participate. Also, you will be given priority invitations to events and exhibition openings.
RPS will be organizing workshops throughout the year. For each workshop you’ll receive a discount of 3,000 to 5,000 yen depending on the price of the workshop
One-to-One Portfolio Review or Editing Session
Up to four times a year, One-to-One Portfolio Review, Editing Session and mentorship program with the RPS Curator, Yumi Goto.
– You can choose a date and select a one on one portfolio review or editing session.
– Through this session, if the work fits the goals of the gallery space, there might be a possibility RPS will host your exhibition. Benefits also include your work to be nominated at an international photo competition or, the possibility for your work to be shown at an international photo festival.
– Through our website, Facebook and Twitter, we will help publicize and support exceptional work and talent. We have a global network of contacts and connections the global photographic industry. Our publicity will help your work gain global recognition.
– For scheduling portfolio review or editing session, we will book the date in the order of accepting membership applications.
Discount for the Residence
You can use the RPS residence with discount rate.
* Discount rate depends on the type of membership you choose.
* You can stay for a maximum of 5 days.
You can get premium use of gallery space
*Our proud gallery space is an impressively large 90 square meters
and you can get premium use of this gallery space.
*Period of use depends on the type of membership
NOTE TO ISO200 and ISO400 members
We will review your exhibition proposal and will contact you if your proposal is successfully approved. Only after this, can you proceed with payment and fixing the schedule.
Photographers, curators, galleriests, book publishers and organizations as either individuals or a group are eligible to apply. * There will be a 40% commission on print sales.
To apply for RPS Membership
The fastest way to join is to meet us at the RPS, and we’ll give you an annual membership card upon your purchase.
Include name, address, email address and mobile number . Please mention which membership (from ISO 50 – 400) you would like to apply and email us at email@example.com
Membership fee payment method
1: Bank: Mitubishi Tokyo UFJ
Branch code and name: 028 Awaji
Saving account 4694970
Account name: REMINDERS PROJECT (On screen, Japanese Katakana name will be appeared)
2: Post office
Account code: 00920-4-155525
Account name: REMINDERS PROJECT (Officially in Japanese Katakana)
Please note this transmission for the RPS annual membership and type of membership.
3: PayPal – We could send you a PayPal invoice.
We only issue a receipt upon request. Please provide the name of the recipient and the address to send by post or email.